September 18, 2008
Watch it. Think. Act. It is as simple and as difficult as that. There is no other way.
Lovely piece of animation too ;-)
June 19, 2008
Absolutely, totally, loving… wordle. (Try typing that without making it worlde). Tah Gra.
Click through for the big zappy version and make your own.
Give us a link in the comments so we can see what you make. So keen to see social media being more visual and creative.
As Claus Oldenberg put it so well..
“Art is a technique of communication. The image is the most complete of all communication.
June 11, 2008
Great meeting with a very stimulating new client (blog coaching / social entrepreneur) at The Groucho Club yesterday.
Walking into the toilets, it did cross my mind there might be risque types doing naughty things, even if it was 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon. As anyone that knows me well might agree, I do rather enjoy giving my imagination a fairly long leash.
How smirkful it then was to find two woman raving at each other like banshees (all entirely innocent I am sure) and the following sign on the mirror. Which, I might add, was firmly fixed to the wall.
Seems nowadays, you can’t even choke back a Marlboro Light on a Friday night without hitting the pavement. Oh how times have changed.
Can’t begin to imagine such a warning ever appearing in the loos at The RSA (our new ‘club’.)
No sign of Stephen Fry, but I did enjoy the utter individuality and eccentricity of nearly everyone I saw in Soho on that sunny, strollful day.
Not such a bad thing popping up to London.
June 11, 2008
What must this 3 minute clip have done for Eddie Izzard! I loved him already, but after viewing and sharing this countless times, I have to wonder how Lego / Playmobile and other simple animation techniques could be used to create great, viral, social media. If you happen to have some genius talent lying around you can call on.
If you one of the 4 million who have already viewed it and loved it.. enjoy all over again.
May 20, 2008
Cynical Yew Norker is our Hugh, but usually right on topic. Here’s another. But what does it mean to you Gra?
February 7, 2008
Lib has headed off to Lift08 in Geneva. Here she is giving some reflections so far…
November 21, 2007
It is sounding great from the comments here.
September 18, 2007
We’ve started a group blog for our co-working office space in Providence Place.
It ought to be a laugh and give a bit of a sense of the round-the-table conversation we enjoy. Check out aplacecalledprovidence.com.
September 18, 2007
Time for a few links to neat things. I haven’t done a post like this for ages:
* I’ve only just noticed the Chaser Crew’s lovely social engineering of the ridiculous security at the APEC summit in Sydney. The chaser boys drove a totally fake Canadian motorcade right up to the hotel Bush was staying in, and then an actor in an Osama Bin Laden costume got out of the Limo. Brilliant. Security were clueless. “It’s a motorcde, just wave it through…”
* [Commentary by Bruce Schneier](http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2007/09/apec_conference.html)
* [Video footage from The Chaser's War on Everything (scouta/youtube)](http://scouta.com/faves/5T3qWroUH90/)
* A really nice [timelapse video of Burning Man 2007 (scouta/youtube)](http://scouta.com/faves/hEbTYkubwNe/)
* Make custom short urls with dave and josh’s £5 app, [icanhaz.com](http://icanhaz.com/). More kittys and less obscure than tinyurl. Made in Brighton.
* [Why Do You Stay Up So Late?](http://www.bornmagazine.org/projects/whystayup/project.html) – an interactive multimedia poem.
June 17, 2006
Something else to do in London on a summer day…
No date set yet, but promised sometime in June/July. I’m looking forward to this one.