Co-founder of Nodestone & Egg House Art
Hello and thanks for your interest. I have 20 years experience as a communications specialist across most sectors in Northern and Southern hemispheres. My emphasis in the last 10 years has been Internet communications (inc. blog coaching) and creative approaches to community engagement.
Increasingly, I use art as a vehicle for community expression and connection – amplifying this skillfully via online spaces but concentrating on face-to-face approaches.
Recent Nodestone clients include SCIP, Tactical Tech Collective, Global Action Plan, BBC Radio, Widgety Goodness, Trickle Star, University of Sussex.
Let’s follow each other on Twitter… libbydavy.
We work with small business through to councils, community groups and corporates. With things changing so fast, and so much to know – our colleagues in Brighton and around the world help us build our knowledge base and mobilise around projects.
Clients generally report a profound shift in their ability to enjoy communicating naturally, authentically and strategically – online and offline – after working with me.
“Libby has been great to work with….She’s been great at the design and development stage as well a natural in the delivery, working with a mixed bunch to help them learn the skills and confidence they need.”
Mark Walker, SCIP
“One of her key focus areas, authentic blogging is going to become something that many organisations looking to start or enter conversations online will be in dire need of, very soon. Especially as their stakeholders become more savvy regarding how the social web works.Her take on communications is as groundbreaking as it is unique. I’d unhesitatingly recommend her as a consultant.”
Heleana Quartey, Burson-Marstellar
We can help you move beyond the fear factor that so many people naturally feel. And we can even make it fun!
My personal services include: community art, writing, editing, blog /social media training, website development, storytelling and writing workshops, communications consultancy, education & training, stakeholder relations, project management & marketing.
- Clients from all sectors: community groups to corporations.
- Won international awards (IPRA) for stakeholder communications campaigns.
- Invited to become a Fellow of The RSA.
- Degree in communications. Further studies in business, sustainability and education.
- Creative and professional writing published/broadcast, including national radio.
- Regularly asked to present and/or blog at business and community events, eg.:
- Succeed in Business Conference (Birmingham, 24 March 2009)
- Chamber of Commerce (Brighton, July 2008)
- Shine Unconference for Social Enterpreneurs (London, May 2008)
- School of Everything / Free Schools (London, May 2008)
- LIFT08 technology, society, creativity (Geneva, Feb 2008)
Resume & More on LinkedIn
Recent project highlight:
Message in-a-Box - a toolkit for communicating your cause.
See recent clients here
Ta to Richard (Biff) Birkin and all at Pixel-Lab who made Playful happen. Highlights for me were: Alfie Dennen & Paula Le Dieu Their new project Bus-tops, and will create a london-wide...
Interview with Mums in Control magazine – out this summer. MIC is a fast growing network of mums in business or mumpreneurs. A fast-growing phenomenon I am part of, and...
Nice advert by BT, giving us a sense of what the Internet is. We use it in training sessions sometimes. Now you need never wonder what that little groove called under...
Troubled? Read Affluenza. Watch/listen to Lily… she’s growing up. Maybe we all can. “I’m a weapon of massive consumption. But it’s not my fault, it’s how I’m programmed to function.” Spread the antidotes, not...
Via YouTube, via Twitter, via WordPress… to you. Participation culture, creativity & social change – by Prof David Gauntlett (Age: 37), Professor of Media and Communications, at University of Westminster, UK. Reduce...
Love Alan Watts. Interesting that the South Park guys wanted to team up to do this. And on that note, we’re off on holiday for a week’s food, love and snow...
Lots in this fine presentation, but well worth flicking through and pondering. Communities of Practice came up when I began an MA in Person Centred Education. I believe they have profound...
We are all enjoying reading “YES! 50 Secrets from the Science of Persuasion” by leading academics Goldstein and Cialdini with Martin making it pacy and very readable. Even Bea (8)...
Many thanks to Jenny Davy for this short piece from David Attenborough and the Australian Lyre Bird – now officially one of the most interesting species in the world. This...
If you haven’t checked it out yet, have a good look at Message in-a-Box “A toolkit for communicating your cause”. It’s relevant to anyone that needs to communicate in life and...
Twitter Feed from @libbydavy
Books I’m reading & recommend
- Clay Shirky – Here Comes Everybody
- Charles Leadbeater – We Think
- HH Dalai Lama – The Universe in a Single Atom
- Julian Fellows – Snobs
- Bloody Mary – fairly spicy, three pieces of lemon, on a 4 hour+ flight (eek).
- Long walks, in the middle of the week, with friends.
Favourite clips right now
Other Social Media Feeds
- Facebook profile – Find out if we have any favourite music, films, friends etc in common.
- Flickr – share photos.
- Delicious – share your bookmarked webpages.
- Join me in the Authentic Social Media Community
“We’re here to make a positive difference through blogging and other social media – for ourselves, for our organisations, for others.”
Currently blog at
- others from time to time on invitation
- www.authenticblogging.com (now nodestone)
- www.barkingowl.com/learning (still online)
“Libby” by Bea (7)